Thursday, August 18, 2011

...today...

...amongst my blog catch up comes a hard day today to face...
most of you already know that on monday, july 18, our family sadly lost the heart of our family.
today is one whole month already that she has been gone from us and i wake up every morning in disbelief that she is really gone.
Grandma became ill in June with a very serious infection called Ascending Colongitis.  she was admitted on fathers day, june 19, for treatment and we were given a heavy prognosis that this infection had a high mortality rate, especially in the elderly.
but Grandma being Grandma, fought the infection as long as her poor little body could take it and we all heavy heartedly lost in the end.


i could go on forever sharing with you my love for grandma, and how my world is just not the same without her here in it anymore.
how her love and devotion to her family will forever affect who we all are now.
how her examples of loving kindness, forgiveness, and selflessness make me want to be more like her in every way possible.
how my children miss their nana terribly every day.
and how much our family holidays now will always be missing her homemade cards and knitted dishcloths!!!
so many things from my childhood, my own childrens memories and our entire family's memories, will always and forever hold special all that she gave of herself in every little detail.
i am sooo sooo very sad that god took her from us and miss her and think of her every day.
but i believe that she is in a better place with him now with no more suffering or pain.
and that she is with her two children that she untimely lost years ago and is waiting to see us all again...
but not yet.

(these photos with grandpa were taken on thanksgiving 2010...one of our last family gathering dinners with her.)

...she passed away 15 days before their 70th wedding anniversary...
they truly were the loves of their lives.

...and i will always remember her love of fun, laughter, jokes and good times...


...Santa Grandma...
( i will miss THIS )
...so being 1 month ago today, i thought it appropriate to celebrate her memory and to tell her in my own way that ...
i love you to pieces.
i miss you every day.
i will never forget how much love and joy you brought to my life.
x0x0x0

3 comments:

  1. A lovely memory of your grandma Kim.
    All the best,
    Lori N

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Kim... talk about a tear jerker!
    I can't imagine what you are going through because I can't imagine when that day comes for me. Always a reminder to cherish what you have now.
    XOXO love love
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim this was such a beautiful tribute to your wonderful Grandma! Losing a grandparent is so hard especially when they were so loving. You have such great memories to cherish. I still think about my grandparents that I have lost and it still brings a tear but it also brings a laugh , it will get better as time passes. She will still be watching over you from up above so keep talking to her cause it will make you feel her love for you. Hugs my friend hugs...Nikki xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete