Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween...

...is all over and packed away for another year...
(insert sad face)
here's the evening pics from our Hallow'ed Eve!

...our kids go out trick-or-treating with The Dad...and our friend Dave and his mini malinowski's...it was weird and different this year without rachel going along...we missed you!!
:(

...i took this shot of the gang as they walked away to start their festivities, and WOW...does courtney ever look like a walking dead zombie bride in this one!!  hahahaha!!


...they were later met up with john and taylor to enjoy some Halloween fun together...
( i was quite happy to stay home and hand out candy to our 83 trick-or-treaters AND enjoy one helluva JETS game whilst doing so....LOL! )

...had to snap a few more spooky pics of courtney in her awesome costume before taking it all off for the night...this one is the creepiest...HA!

...and of course, what would ending the night off be without the traditional candy dump in the middle of the living room floor???
:)


...so that's our Halloween for another year...
i hope you and your families all had a super fun little holiday and don't incur big dentist bills as a result!!!

...i went for a visit with Lynn yesterday and i can honestly say that she was at her best of all my visits through her journey!  she looked good, she was in super happy spirits and she had been having a great week so far...so this made me feel most happy after a not-so-good weekend of being sick...
i am happy for her that she is having such a great week.  i can't even explain how i feel when i see her doing so well...it's just awesome and wonderful!!!!

...i am on to finishing up my plans for this coming saturday's little afternoon of fun i have been planning for a few of my friends...i will share some fun photos over the weekend and share what i am up to!! (wink)

AND...i bought my first roll of Christmas wrapping paper today!!!

hahahaa...i was almost looking forward to Halloween to be over to get on to Chirstmas and holiday planning...my family's FAVORITE time of year...despite all the stress that it also brings...it is a season of thoughtfulness and giving, and I LOVE teaching this to my kids!!!!!
i have a heavy heart in the quiet of my mind as I anticipate many sad moments as well as we venture to this season...it will be our first Chirstmas without my Grandma.
I am going to do my very best (most days) of not letting the daily fact of how much I dearly miss her get the best of me...I will keep her love of this season as well in spirit with me as we go about our planning...

I may even still set a spot for her at our Chirstmas dinner table....just in case she 'stops by'....

...be back soon...
:)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics from Halloween - the kids looked absolutely gruesome and horrifying Wow!! I too am looking forward to getting into the Christmas spirit but, as you say it is a bit difficult to make plans knowing your Gramma won't be involved in all of them. Yes, her generous spirit will surround us all. Love you, Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! I MIGHT have nightmares about that pic of Courtney, JUST SAYIN'. Plsssssss post pics of Halloween crop!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kids looked great.very good getups haha i remember those days counting and trading all the candy on the floor when we got home. ah such fun memories.
    brat

    ReplyDelete