Monday, November 7, 2011

...a special little tea party...


on saturday i had a fun little tea party luncheon for a few of my closest friends from my childhood, my younger days, and my current scrapbooking world of friends who have become like sisters to me!
(and of course, my mom!)
i wanted to make the special time to tell each of them how much i have valued their friendship in my life through all my FORTY YEARS...hahha...and to tell them how much i appreciate their shoulders to cry on, their hugs, their love and their support and continuous encouragement through all the trials and challenges i have leaned on them for in my life.

my journey with my friend lynn, courtney's former highland dance teacher, who has been a major part of my life, was actually the one who inspired the meaning behind this little tea party.
i don't want to come to a point in my life where it may be valuable time left, like i am sharing with lynn now, to tell these rocks in my life what a difference they have made being a part of my life.
to tell them how much i appreciate their love and what wonderful friends they have all been to me, and i know will only continue to be there for each other as we get old and grey!!!

anyway....i suppose my turning 40 last month was heavy in my heart and mind because i really did go through a period 'before the milestone' that time was running short, that time was precious, and was having all these bizzare dreams/nightmares about death and loss of time.
so i decided that this was going to be one way for me to deal with all these anxiety's and start by sharing my love and appreciation.

so, there you have it.

i am teaching myself through this chapter in my life, to be more grateful for everyone AND everything i have been blessed with in my life.

...and so begins Chapter One...with some fun photos to share along with it!!
x0x0






...i don't have my own personally picked and registered for china dishes, so i improvised!
i had a total blast 'thrifting' over the last couple of months and putting together all the tea cups and saucers, dinner plates, soup bowls and 2 of the 3 teapots...( one was already mine! )
...i wanted everyone's cup and saucer to be different, because we are ALL different as a person too, and washed and wrapped up each of their sets after lunch to take home as a keepsake from our special day together!!!
(dang, i loved this tea party stuff!!!!)


...our luncheon menu:
-homemade chicken noodle soup w/crackers
-mini sandwiches on pink and white bread
(egg salad, flaked ham)
-mini chicken salad croissants
-sliced garlic dill pickles ( that i made with tracy this summer)
-spinach,egg & bacon salad with creamy poppyseed dressing
-homemade Sugar Shack Maple Walnut Cheesecake
(my first time making a baked cheesecake!)
-and chocolate cake with raspberries, baked for me by lynn's mom
(and saved for today's tea party!)

teas served:
-classic orange pekoe
-decaf earl grey
-herbal blueberry & pomogranite





































...i love these photos of my friends because they are all "in the moment" and not posed...
and completely and totally enjoying the moment too!!!



...( and i LOVE that thelma "Miss Thang" brought in her special tea party attire to share with us!! )
...now...
i am not saying to have a tea party or anything like that ( unless you really WANT to because, believe me, it was soooo much fun ) but i do encourage you to
'pay it forward',
the sentiment behind the tea party,
and tell someone you love them TODAY!

...be back soon...
:)









7 comments:

  1. AWWE! Love it! I had such a great tie on Saturday and LOVED the idea of a special tea party. You did an amazing job of putting it together, Kim! xoxo LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics are great - you know of course, I would like some prints (as usual) Again , what a splendid time - thanks my love, you are remarkable. Love, Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the best Tea luncheon, It really was :)!. It is a special memory I will cherish. It was amazing just like you. Thank-you so much Kim!!! I have cherished our 27 year friendship so much!! Kim your being my best friend is something I hope Taylor and Courtney will do also!! Thank-you Kim for being my BEST FRIEND!...xoxoxo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisp white cherished linens, elegant tea cups picked for each of us, ,beauitful flowers reaching out of their vases,the Saturday afternoon light was so gentle on the faces, it was quiet like when a pin drops,mmmm sipping tea, laughter rolling off our tongues with our british accents, cheesecake to die for , krumpets the way Kim makes, my friend sharing her heart with us all, most priceless friendships she has shared over the years. how lucky i was to be included in this wonderful celebration. thank you Kim
    Brat

    ReplyDelete
  5. very inspiring.............love, love, love this idea!!!
    Looks like you all had a great time :)

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea Kim! Everything looked perfect! I'm sure your friends enjoyed every minute and will think of it everytime they take a sip of tea from their beautiful tea cup!! Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I snagged two pics here. Will have to download my pics and post on my blog. Will let you know when I do ... Kimmie ... when I left your place (after side-tracking the anonymous car parked on the street!!!) ... my drive to pick up my husband was filled with the wonder of the afternoon visit with you and everyone else at the tea table. Moments are not measured by time ... time is measured by the moment ... and visiting on Saturday was an incredibly, extraordinary moment ... when I count my blessings, I count you among them. I treasure our friendship and the so many more moments that have yet to come in our life's journeys. Hugs hon.

    ReplyDelete